• THE INSIDE


    You know those silly hotmail addresses that you make up when you're a teenager?

    One of mine was inside_out139@hotmail.com (you know it's awesome when you have to add the numbers on the end...) I made it because I was a bit fascinated with the concept of how what's on the inside is the starting point of any beauty on the outer.

    Yep, since back then.

    Right now we're in this town called Ouro Preto, in the mining state of Brazil. They found gold here, and tons of other minerals in the land.

    But it's like we just took a bus to Europe; there's beautful Portuguese architecture and stone-laid roads everywhere. (The one weird thing though, is how 'Gangnam Style' still pumps out of car stereos and mobile phones!)

    The heritage in this place is rich, and the one thing that stands out amongst the architecture are these old churches all over town. To me, they're the only part of the town that look forgotten and worse for wear.

    But they're hiding something...

    Inside each of these churches is the most stunning carvings and architecture I've ever seen, and it's all been made of gold.

    I think maybe the unassuming outside is what leaves me lost for words when I see what's on the inside of these places. I'd show you a photo, but you're not allowed to take pictures inside any of them, so you might just have to see what Google shows you about my favourite one: Igreja Senhor Nossa do Pilar

    I know a lot of people, they look a ton of different ways on the outside, but they're all gold on the inside.

    I reckon it's in everyone ay, and it's what gets me so excited about meeting and knowing more people. I'd say we're all pretty familiar with our own wear and tear on the outside, but if people can see the gold on the inside I reckon they'll be just as inspired as I have been, standing in these places.

    Think mine needs a bit of polish and restoration right now though, so I'm gunna get stuck into that.




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    / Formando Vidas

    / The One Story