• RISK IT ALL


    What's the craziest thing you've done?

    When your heart was beating too loud for your head to hear rational thought...

    Those moments give us a sensation like no other, the pure exhiliration of pushing past rational and reaching places we never thought we'd find ourselves in.

    Like South America, maybe.

    It was when I was on a boat in the middle of the Amazon River - just me and a local I'd met 30minutes earlier - when I thought to myself how maybe this was crazy... A kid from New Zealand venturing through a continent of diversity, scale, culture, language, risks and such stunning scenery. 

    Yeah, somehow this had reached a point where I found myself confident enough venturing solo into the Amazon. (If you ever get the chance to see the Amazon for yourself, it's such a place to experience. Everything is grand and impressive... from the river to the snakes to the ants) 

    But maybe there's other things you're aspiring to do in life, which are pretty far from the office or from the places you're in right now...

    Whatever the dreams are that are growing or resting inside you, I just wanted to remind you how much you have to go for it. There's always a ton of excuses why not to... we've always got expectations to worry about in the west... but it's these moments where we find ourselves in the places we aspire to be that make us feel the most alive.

    South America has been 6 months of getting kicks out of everyday. From the sights to the slums, learning language on the fly, and being caught up in the life of culture that you will only find in this part of the world.
    And I know the reason I'm still standing is cos that guy I told you about has had my back the whole time.
    The One who keeps saying:

    Risk it all
    Cos I'll catch you when you fall
    Wherever you go
    If my heart was a house, you'd be home.


    2 comments:

    1. Nathan Ram is there anything you are not good at?!? Thanks for the inspiring thoughts - such a good way to start the day :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Whatever Miss Superwoman Lewis!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read and get all updated on this thing

      ReplyDelete

     

    / Formando Vidas

    / The One Story